Girls on the Run Star Power Hour with Frederick Social!
When: Thursday October 5, 2023 & October 19, 2023
Where: Frederick Social (50 Citizen's Way, Frederick, MD 21701)
What: Frederick Social has dedicated a tap of their choice to support our organization for the month of October. It's simple! Drink from the chosen tap and a portion of the proceeds will go directly toward helping girls in our community!
On October 5, we will kickoff the month (spooky szn) with a star power hour from 5 to 6:30 p.m. During kickoff we will feature our grand prizes and of course jumpstart with our first raffle. You will also have the opportunity to learn more about Girls on the Run, connect with other community members and witness the magic of GOTR!
On October 19, we will be back with more GOTR fun- it's going to be a raffle prize palooza! We will reveal the winner of our grand prize and other raffles. We will also be announcing some giveaways.
All proceeds from the charity tap and raffles will go directly to supporting:
- girls in need of sportswear (bras, socks, shorts etc.)
- girls in need of program scholarships
- healthy snacks for teams
- supporting our coaches
- general program support
What's in the prize pot?
- 2HR Reservation for two at Tree Trekkers
- Tea Leaf Set from the Tea Emporium
- Wine Baskets
- GOTR Merchandise
Prize lists will be updated every Friday. Work for a business that would like to contribute? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Why does Girls on the Run programming matter?
- Girls drop out of sports at twice the rate of boys by age 14.
- Girls' physical activity levels decline starting at age 10.
- Girls’ self-confidence begins to drop by age 9.
- 50% of girls ages 10 to 13 experience bullying.